Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell still no free trial

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dbellfreetrial
Aspirant
Aspirant

The video doorbell is the biggest joke. I got a new arlo pro 3 system and the video doorbell as soon as arlo fixed the software. It’s been almost 2 weeks now and it’s still not working. The pro 3 system is on the free trial but the doorbell is inactive. I’ve called the support number about 10 times but get nothing but runaround and lies about it being escalated. I feel like an idiot supporting this company.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated your open support ticket. An agent should be reaching out to you with a resolution shortly.

JamesC

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Dbellfreetrial
Aspirant
Aspirant
How hard is it to just give me a 3 month code to pinch in online and be done with it. It has been such a headache and is turning me into a very angry customer over something that is free. I don’t understand why this is so hard to correct.
Dbellfreetrial
Aspirant
Aspirant
10-15 hours wasted on the phone. 24-48 hour promise that it would be fixed but it’s been 336 hours now. Still no working “smart” doorbell. Because of staging this out I’m unable to return the whole system out of disgust. Is this the real reason I keep getting lied too?
Dbellfreetrial
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does arlo really want me to go to every site that sells their product and warn everyone in the review sections? Faulty products that don’t work as promised and the runaround from poor customer service reps and “level 2” techs that can’t get a free trial working. I just want what I paid for, feel so ripped off buy this company.
Dbellfreetrial
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is arlo responsible if I lose a package or break-in while my product is not working as advertised? No alerts, to recording, no protection . Waste of $130 without the plan.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated your open support ticket. An agent should be reaching out to you with a resolution shortly.

JamesC

Dbellfreetrial
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve been promised it will be fixed because it’s a known issue. Told I will receive a email. Get a return phone call...,.i have received nothing. Is there something wrong with the company? Will we loose everything when arlo goes under?
Dbellfreetrial
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just more lies. I’ve been told this 5 other times. Still no working “smart” doorbell. This shouldn’t be that hard
Dbellfreetrial
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why would I have any confidence in a company that wants $120 a year to keep my product working when they can’t even have a working free trial. If I could tear the whole thing down and send it in for a refund I would, but because of arlo’s lies my return period is over and I’m stuck with a $850 paperweight of a camera system over a free trial
Dbellfreetrial
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m pretty sure this post will be deleted before I ever see a minute of my free trial. They call it “free” but I’m pretty sure it’s paid for when I bought the doorbell. I want what was promised, I want what is advertised, I want what is all over the box. I just want what I paid for, I’d that too much to ask for?
Dbellfreetrial
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is unacceptable after 2 weeks of install and almost 2 weeks of calling support, you should all be ashamed of your products and company!
Dbellfreetrial
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sad face
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dbellfreetrial,

I apologize for the experience you've had so far, this is the first i'm hearing of it. Your post isn't going to be ignored or deleted. I've escalated the issue and you will be receiving a resolution shortly.

JamesC

Dbellfreetrial
Aspirant
Aspirant
I almost called them again today but I’m too angry over the whole thing to even bother for more of their lies. Maybe the roosters in the background would of been more help.
Dbellfreetrial
Aspirant
Aspirant
Maybe I could start a YouTube channel and go viral smashing arlo into pieces. It will probably be a @hit” on there!
Dbellfreetrial
Aspirant
Aspirant
This has been resolved by the moderator in here. He was true to his word and support finally helped me above and beyond what I was asking.
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation