Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
harleyguy1955
Tutor
Tutor
  • I received notification of a firmware update for my video doorbell. I tried to update it, and got this message 
  • harleyguy1955_0-1677190721874.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
Rak9378
Star
Star

I am having the same exact issue.  Doorbell is still recording motion but I cannot live view because of an update firmware message.  But the firmware update keeps failing.  Have tried to update from both the App and my PC.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If this is for the wired doorbell try turning the power to the transformer off for a few seconds and then back on to see if that triggers the update. For a wireless one, reinsert the battery to do the same thing.

ALso, if connected to a hub, try rebooting that.

Rak9378
Star
Star

Thanks for the suggestions.  It is a wired doorbell.  I had already tried rebooting the hub and I just tried cutting power to the doorbell and neither worked.  Is it possible there is a problem with the firmware update itself?   

Rak9378
Star
Star

@harleyguy1955 

I resolved the issue.  Removed the Doorbell from my account which is always my last resort.   Added the Doorbell back to the account but it did not update the firmware while adding it back.   Got the same update firmware message which led to a new Firmware Update Error 4404.   Power cycled the hub and then attempted to update the firmware again.  This time it worked.   Firmware update is now complete and Doorbell is functioning normally.

harleyguy1955
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your response.  I actually found a chat session with a real Arlo guy, and he had me go through a number of steps.  Unfortunately, it is still not working.  He wanted me to take a picture of a volt meter with how many volts were going to the door bell,. which was close to 20.  Arlo states you need 16-24v for it to work.  I sent him the photo, unfortunately, we got cut off, and I have not heard back from him.  I cannot get the LED lights around the button to light up and blink, which I believe is what you need to make the device discoverable.  I am starting to think it may have completely died.  We did go through the steps you did.  I will hopefully wait to hear back from the Arlo guru, and hopefully he has a solution.  Thanks again.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation