Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware Issues - AVD1001 on VMB5000

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ZeliardM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I had my AVD1001 in AP Mode directly connected to Wi-Fi and it had firmware 1.19. I got my new basestation for local recordings, the VMB5000 and when I connected the same AVD1001 to the basestation, it forced me to downgrade to firmware 1.18.

Is this normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've corrected the Firmware Release notes table to reflect the current firmware most users have today. Some releases are on slow roll out or only available in specific regions so there may be some differences between what you see in the release notes and in your Arlo mobile app. If the app is pointing you to upgrade or downgrade firmware, we recommend following the apps instructions or waiting for the overnight update release window to retrieve the latest firmware from the update servers.

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure what you're looking at to get that firmware number. According to the following link that version isn't even possible:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Firmware-Release-Table/m-p/1920885#M791

My own doorbells have the version listed in the link.

ZeliardM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m looking in the Arlo Secure App. Under my AVD1001 door bell, I have the following firmware listed:

1.18.0.0_1478_6e6deea_6853d06

Hardware Revision: 1.2

It looks like it was released back earlier this year:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Video-Doorbell-AVD1001-1-18-0-0-1478-6e6de...

I can’t find one for the other firmware version I did have, still looking for the exact number.

so it seems that there are different firmware versions for hardware revisions, maybe?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC :

There is a mistake in this table:

The AVD1001 firmware version is duplicated from the AVD2001.  The date might also be wrong, per this post:

I have 1.19.0.0_3_098d492_3567 running on my own AVD1001.

@ZeliardM - my AVD1001 is connected through a VMB5000 base.  So it is mystery that your firmware was downgraded.

ZeliardM
Aspirant
Aspirant

That’s the firmware I had! Been looking everywhere for that number. Just no idea why it forced me to downgrade. What is the firmware on your base station? Mine is the latest in the release table. VMB5000r6.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ZeliardM wrote:

What is the firmware on your base station? 

1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3

ZeliardM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine too, thanks for the confirmation.

Could I get someone from support to chime in on this?

ZeliardM
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, my firmware updated to 1.19 today and now it’s telling me to downgrade to 1.18 again?!?! Something is very wrong with this.

Please someone from support answer or message me?

ZeliardM_0-1700962851200.png

ZeliardM_1-1700962870714.png

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've corrected the Firmware Release notes table to reflect the current firmware most users have today. Some releases are on slow roll out or only available in specific regions so there may be some differences between what you see in the release notes and in your Arlo mobile app. If the app is pointing you to upgrade or downgrade firmware, we recommend following the apps instructions or waiting for the overnight update release window to retrieve the latest firmware from the update servers.

JamesC

ZeliardM
Aspirant
Aspirant

The issue seems to be resolved now with the AVD1001 staying on 1.19 firmware.

Thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation