AVD1001 Wired doorbell just stopped working

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloSucks11
Tutor
Tutor

This POS won’t work after one yr.  Tried factory reset but won’t read QR code.  Flashes white until I put QR code in front of it then stops.  No chime.  Followed all the “troubleshooting guides” and they’re ridiculously stupid.  Already reset my WiFi and nothing changes, it just won’t read the QR code.  Anyone know why?  

wish I never bought this crap!

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

It sounds like the factory reset may not have been completed successfully. It may take a few attempts to reset the device. Make sure you're following the steps as mentioned here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

Once the factory reset is complete, the doorbell should then be able to scan the QR code to initiate onboarding.

JamesC

ArloSucks11
Tutor
Tutor

That’s exactly what I’ve done countless times.  Once I get to the step where the white light is blinking and it’s time to read the QR code, I hold it up and it stops blinking as soon as it sees the code with no chime.  It’s not timing out either because it only takes a couple seconds to put the phone up to the camera.  

semdad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue - overnight the doorbell went offline (no explanation why). I've done factory reset plus removed a wire to reset the power circuit. Still won't read the QR code whether it's on a phone (tried 2 devices) or printed on paper. How many reset attempts should it take???

(BTW, the wifi network sees the device and has a strong connection. It's not the network at issue.)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you've completed multiple factory resets following the instructions linked above and you're still unable to onboard the doorbell, I encourage you to reach out to Arlo support using the Arlo app under Settings > Support and open a ticket to further investigate the issue.

JamesC

ArloSucks11
Tutor
Tutor

I would if I could but in order to reset the doorbell I had to remove the device from the app…and now can’t get to the support on the app bc there’s no doorbell device to reference.  

it obvious that Arlo doesn’t give a **bleep** about their customers, products, and weather or not they work.  They also don’t offer support and instead make you read for hours in a community forum!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've opened and escalated a support case detailing the concerns you've mentioned here. An agent will reach out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation