Video Doorbell displays either a green screen, blurred lines or pixilation

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Pepe-Le-Pew
Tutor
Tutor

Contrary to tge 2020 thread, this continues to be a common issue that requires a resolution by Arlo.

My device arlo video doorbell is wired correctly and connected to the WiFi router located metres away. The doorbell is installed on brickwork located on the front of a mid-terrace property with no obstruction.

Please advise.

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pepe-Le-Pew wrote:

My device arlo video doorbell is wired correctly and connected to the WiFi router located metres away. The doorbell is installed on brickwork located on the front of a mid-terrace property with no obstruction.

Even though the router is close, I still suggest checking the connection speed using the Ookla speedtest app on your phone (at the doorbell location).  Disable mobile data to ensure you are measuring the wifi speed.  Also, disable 5 ghz wifi in the router during the test (if you can).

The reason is that there could be something in the wall that is blocking signal.  It is useful to rule that out before looking at other possibilities.

Pepe-Le-Pew
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you StephanB

I have done as suggested but don't understand the results.

Screenshot_20231127_105305_Speedtest.jpg

 please advise.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pepe-Le-Pew wrote:

I have done as suggested but don't understand the results.

Your upload speed measurement is about 23 mbps, which is more than fast enough for the doorbell.

There is some packet loss though - not sure if that is enough to account for the garbled video.

Which doorbell model is this?  The AVD1001?  Or the AVD2001?

Pepe-Le-Pew
Tutor
Tutor

AVD1001

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You might try turning off the breaker for the circuit for a minute or two, and then turn it back on again.  That will reboot the doorbell.

Pepe-Le-Pew
Tutor
Tutor

OK, so far so good. Only time will tell if the issues reoccur  at which point o doubt I will be in touch again!

Thank you for your help.

Pepe-Le-Pew
Tutor
Tutor

Unfortunately there's no change.

Images still pixilated and 1st tamper alert received at 19.34 

TBacon
Star
Star

I’m having the same issue with green screen but it is only at night.  I’ve checked my WiFi speed and have adequate transfer rates. It only happens after dark. Daytime video is very good when there lots of signal disruption.  I suspect it’s a firmware glitch.  The green area is the same as the activity zone trigger.  I suspect this is tied to the activity zone.  I’m going to disable it tonight to see if that works. 

Pepe-Le-Pew
Tutor
Tutor

Good luck.

Given that there is no update available how can we resolve this? Its beyond frustrating 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Pepe-Le-Pew 

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support through the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation