Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Echo show 8 not working with Arlo Video Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
27-jim
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have my arlo al linked up with Alexa but when the doorbell rings I don’t get a video on my Alexa show. Same when I ask to see the doorbell. Alexa can see every other camera fine but not the door bell. What am I missing? Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

27-jim,

Try reducing the resolution on your doorbell and test again to see if you experience the same behavior.

You can find this setting by logging in to your Arlo account and navigating to Settings > My Devices > select your doorbell > Video Settings > Video resolution

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

27-jim,

Video won't automatically be shown on your Alexa device when the doorbell rings, but you should be able to manually live stream video on your Echo Show. What happens when you attempt this? Does it give you an error message? What do you see?

JamesC

27-jim
Aspirant
Aspirant
It just says the doorbell is not responding. Does the same thing static or when it sees motion or when u ring the doorbell.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

27-jim,

Try reducing the resolution on your doorbell and test again to see if you experience the same behavior.

You can find this setting by logging in to your Arlo account and navigating to Settings > My Devices > select your doorbell > Video Settings > Video resolution

JamesC

27-jim
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nailed it! I can see everything!! Thanks for the help. Just need to set the settings to pull it up when it sees motion now.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation