Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell opening garage door?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Floridaskp
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo doorbell all of a sudden is opening my garage door when it detects motion?? I had it installed and operational for almost a month. Then, one day my garage door started going up and down on its own and we determined that every time the doorbell detected motion it was opening the garage door. Have you ever heard of this happening? Do you know a remedy? I do not want the door bell to be on if it will randomly open the house up. I'm at a loss of what to do.  Hoping someone else has experienced this issue and has a solution.  TIA!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you have a remote for your garage door, do you know what frequency the transmitter uses? The doorbell uses 2.4GHz so could be interfering with each other's signals. Any other commonalities between the 2 devices?

Floridaskp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do have a garage door remote, but I have no idea which frequency the remote uses.  The garage door is NOT a wifi device as far as I know.  I don't have it set up to be that way.  The strangest part is that for about 2 weeks after I installed the doorbell everything was fine.  All of a sudden the garage door started going up/down whenever the doorbell detects motion.  I don't know what other common things they could possibly have.  It is just a regular Liftmaster garage door opener.  I actually have two openers - one is some other brand and doesn't appear to have this issue.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation