Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can dismiss "someone has pressed doorbell" push notification

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
mandilint85
Follower
Follower

New to Arlo and just installed their wireless video doorbell. I get push notifications for motion and when someone presses the doorbell. I can swipe away the motion push notification, but not the door press notification. I chatted with Arlo who could only suggest uninstall/reinstall the app. This didn't work. I have a Galaxy phone. Curious if anyone knows a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should be resolved by updating to the latest version of the Arlo mobile app available from the app store. Please make sure you have the latest version installed and let us know if you continue experiencing the same issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
rcrafte
Initiate
Initiate

+1. Same behavior for me on Samsung Galaxy Fold2, Android 11. Only way I have found to clear the notification in the shade is to reboot the phone.

PIXLhunter
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, I have the same issue and the only fix I found until now is to force stop the app from the app settings.

I'd like this fixed by Arlo as it is kinda annoying if you answer the door in person as opposed to through the camera.
kileil
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same. Pixel 4a, android 11. "someone has pressed doorbell" notification cannot be dismissed without force stop of arlo app or reboot.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update once I have more information.

JamesC

kmm3029
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ryand1234
Aspirant
Aspirant
The notification from someone ringing the doorbell cannot be cleared on our android note 9s and 10s. I've found I have to restart the phone or completely disable arlo notifications and reenable them to clear it. I've read posts from years ago that say the same thing. How is this still a problem?! Former ring and nest hello user here who is trying arlo based on recent reputable recommendations that it offers the best value, but so far I'm less that thrilled with the product. Very difficult to get a look at the doorbell video stream in a timely manner, multiple family members unable to check the camera simultaneously in general is a problem, and that tends to result in no one getting a look.. additionally, today a single press by a delivery man caused 3 back to back rings and triggered a tampering notification. I'll give it a few more months, but I'm thinking ill probably go back to nest.
mshimniok
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue, Pixel 2XL, Android 11 (4.4.223-g52750b8f2138-ab6846512
#1 Fri Sep 18 09:49:34 UTC 2020)

Clear all doesn't dismiss. Force stopping the app does.

I have noticed, also, that the phone is no longer being "Called" when the doorbell is pressed. However, our Google Home Mini speakers notify us that someone is at the doorbell.
PIXLhunter
Tutor
Tutor
Yea you need to reopen the app after force quiting to get the calls working again
bkhahn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here - Pixel 4a running Android 11 with 2/5/2021 security patch. Worked with support to create case #42295221 and included video of the issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should be resolved by updating to the latest version of the Arlo mobile app available from the app store. Please make sure you have the latest version installed and let us know if you continue experiencing the same issue.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation