Doorbell connects to Wifi but not to base station

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tgaunce
Aspirant
Aspirant

On the initial installation I had to connect to wifi after the doorbell failed to get detected by the base station.

After connecting to wifi the doorbell did a firmware upgrade so I figured maybe this was why.

Today I removed the doorbell and again tried to add it by pairing with the base station which failed (multiple attempts). I moved the base station outside. Plugged in to an outside outlet and connected via a very long ethernet cable and held the base station in front of the doorbell. Then it successfully paired.

At this point I moved the base station back inside and it failed to connect to the doorbell, over and over.

I had to remove, reset, and re-add via wifi.

My base station is in a large open room directly behind the front door. The exact same location as my AP.

The base station works fine with my arlo ultra camera mounted on a detached garage much further away on the other side of the house.

How would a doorbell ever work with a base station located inside a home???

Is there something I'm missing?

Otherwise I have been happy with both devices but baffled by this issue.

4 REPLIES 4
Aristos
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.

I have been able to connect it using the Wi-Fi, but fail to connect it to the BaseStation.

After I connect it to the Wi-Fi, I remove it, try to connect it to the BaseStation following the steps, and fail, then I reset it, follow again the steps, again fails... 4 hours now I try to connect it to the BaseStation do anything that I can think of, and simple can not see it.

I have the VMB4000r3

The video door bell was correctly updated to the last firmware using the WiFi.

Aristos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I finally manage to connect it.

My steps.

1. Remove the power from the Base Station

2. Open again the Base Station and wait to connect to the internet and to the other cameras

3. Do the procedure again - and check that the light on the Base Station for pairing is flasing.

I have the doorbell near to the Base Station all the time, and the failing times.

so its done, its found it, the video door bell

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tgaunce,

Every environment is a little different, it seems range or interference is causing an issue between your doorbell and your base station.  Try bringing your base station as close as possible to your doorbell and test again to see if you still experience the same issue.

JamesC

tgaunce
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I'll play around with it some more when I'm back home.

Right now the base station is line-of-sight to the front door, 20 feet away. It could not be much better.

What do I gain by connecting to the base station vs direct to wifi?

My wifi connection works perfectly, which makes me think the wireless radios on the base station are inferior.

Tony

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation