Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ElliotMason
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

This is my first Arlo product so please excuse me if this is covered elsewhere. But, I would like to have motion detection set to notifications of motion in a zone only. I thought this would be easy, set the zone (I've tried via app and web portal), select geofencing mode (must be done though app), and I thought that would be it.

I get notifications of ALL movement, anywhere on the camera when the geofencing goes to away mode.
I've tried setting the camera to motion only (still zoned, just no geofencing) still the same; all movement is detected.

I've tried deleting zones and restarting but still the same.

I now think zone's are not working on the Arlo Doorbell, is this correct?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ElliotMason,

If you're experiencing false detections, this could be an indication that sensitivity is too high. You may need to adjust motion sensitivity within your modes/rules for the Arlo Video Doorbell. For more information on how to adjust motion sensitivity, take a look here: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

JamesC

ElliotMason
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JamesC,
Thank you for your reply. With respect, the detection should only be triggered if there's movement in the zone.
I have a doorbell pointing at the driveway, and at the end of the driveway is a footpath, then a road. A good 4 metres from the doorbell.
I have set a zone, running along the driveway, approximately 0.8 metres from the footpath.
I shouldn't be getting notifications of car's driving past over 1 meter away from the detection zone.
I will try reducing the sensitivity, but I don't think that's the answer to the problem.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation