Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell connection to base station VMB3010r2

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Topcattracy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I read a while ago that an update would be available in April 2021 so I could connect Arlo doorbell to older version base station. I can not find the article now so wondered if anyone could update me on if it will ever be possible to connect the doorbell to my older base station which would give me recordings without the need for a subscription.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Topcattracy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your help 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Topcattracy wrote:

will ever be possible to connect the doorbell to my older base station which would give me recordings without the need for a subscription.

I don't recall seeing any post about connecting the video doorbell to the VMB3010.  

Though even if they did this, you'd need to eject the USB drive in the base and connect it to a PC to view the recordings. The VMB3010 doesn't support direct access to local storage. 

Topcattracy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh OK thanks........Although I do view all my currently set up cameras recordings and live through the base station on my app?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Topcattracy wrote:

Although I do view all my currently set up cameras recordings and live through the base station on my app?

The recordings you are seeing are saved in the Arlo cloud - they aren't locally saved recordings.  The reason you get them is that the Pro and Pro 2 (and the original Wirefree) cameras came with 7-day free cloud recording, and Arlo still honors that.   Newer cameras (and the doorbells) don't offer that benefit, so they need a paid subscription for cloud recording.

Topcattracy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your help 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation