Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell activity zones not listed in device settings

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cjg6078
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently started getting a ton of motion detection alerts from my doorbell. I went to the device settings to check out my previously set up activity zones and found that the “activity zone” option was not listed in the settings anymore. Has this happened to anyone else?

I’ve tried restarting the doorbell and my entire system. I also pay for the smart notifications.
5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cjg6078,

If you log in to the web client using a PC, are you able to set up Activity Zones there?

JamesC

cjg6078
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I was able to manage it there, but it showed my zone was already set up, but I’m clearly getting alerts from outside of that zone. I tried setting up a new one so we’ll wait and see if that helps.

I’d still like to know why I can’t manage the zones on the app though.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Did you get this resolved?

I have the same issue with my Video Door Bell, there is no "Activity Zones" within the iOS app.. I seem to only be able to create them via a web browser on my computer..

cjg6078
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well, I guess it was somewhat resolved by the fact that the activity zones magically started showing up again in my app. That being said, the Arlo moderator just told me to go to the web to access the zones originally.

Also, I’m now constantly getting notifications for motion outside my set activity zones. I had to turn off some of the notifications to “resolve” this. When I first got the doorbell it the activity zones worked perfectly. Now, not so much.

I didn’t knowingly do anything to get it to show up on the app, and they didn’t show up immediately after any app update. It’s a mystery how they reappeared...and they still don’t work correctly. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help, but feel free to ask any other questions you might have. I’ll do my best to answer them.

Take care
Retired_Member
Not applicable

All good, thanks for the response.

Maybe it'll show up for me at some point. I'm not overly concerned about activity zones as where the door is located there's not going to be many false alerts

The only issue I have now is the length of time a motion detection video takes to appear in the library as mentioned here https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Library-laking-longer-to-get-to-library-after-PN/td-p/17750... but not sure that's related to the PIN..

Anywho, cheers mate 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation