Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell Camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
FedUp20406080
Follower
Follower

I cancelled my subscription due to the fact when my cable company changed out my modem , I was no longer able to use my doorbell.  When I called customer support, they informed me that I needed upgrade my software for $ 240.  I chose not to upgrade and cancelled my subscription. For the past two months I have continued to be billed. When I went to settings, it showed I had cancelled in September. STOP CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD! I have disputed the 2 months that I was charged. I would hate to have to do this each month. 

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FedUp20406080 wrote:

When I called customer support, they informed me that I needed upgrade my software for $ 240.  

How did you find the number to call?  It sounds like you googled, and reached a scam support site.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

@FedUp20406080 wrote:

For the past two months I have continued to be billed. When I went to settings, it showed I had cancelled in September. STOP CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD! I have disputed the 2 months that I was charged.

Hopefully @JamesC or one of the other mods can assist on this.

One option (annoying) is to ask the credit card company for a new card.  But I agree that shouldn't be necessary.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @FedUp20406080

I have escalated this issue for you and someone from the support team will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 42829011

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation