Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do you have to pay to use the doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Joeyv
Follower
Follower
We have 2 of the original arlo cameras and just got the video doorbell, do we have to buy a subscription to use the doorbell? Or does it just tie into the existing free sytem that ee already have? We want the video calls when someone presses the button, and we want notifications when a package gets dropped off/recordings if someone steals the package but we dont need any other features.
2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@Joeyv,

Since the introduction of the Ultra camera about one year ago, all new Arlo video products will require a paid subscription for cloud storage and Arlo Smart. Unfortunately. at the present time there is no ability for local storage, (although that may change in the future). So the answer to your question is, Yes - you will need a paid subscription for the doorbell to be very useful at this time.

Brian

crwildstar
Initiate
Initiate

It’s disappointing.  One of the big selling features of Arlo was that you could self mange and not get caught up in yet another subscription.  I would absolutely purchase the doorbell (and have been waiting for Arlo to make one since I originally got the cameras) if I could add it to my current base station.  Guess I’ll have to wait and see or potentially look at other comprehensive products.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation