Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
clawsfamily
Initiate
Initiate

This might not be the most ideal setup, but i finally was able to get my Doorbell back up and running. I had an Asus Wifi router with 2.4 and 5 ghz connections. The video doorbell worked great. I then upgraded to the Google Nest Mesh setup because i needed better coverage and extenders on the Asus didn't work very well. Becasue the mesh system does not allow you to select 2.4 or 5 I was  not able to get my doorbell back online. I tried several suggestions i read online, but wound up using the 1 LAN port the Google nest Router has and connected it to the WAN port of my old router. i then connected my phone to the 2.4ghz on the old router and was able to setup my doorbell with no issues. I also have the basestation and Pro2 cameras, so I did remove all of the devices first and started with the doorbell. I did have issues before I removed all of the other devices. Usually people who upgrade still have their old router so hopefully you do not have any additional cost. hope this helps.

4 REPLIES 4
FredNew
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having the same problem after I got the Google Nest mesh router system. My cameras connected fine but, the video doorbell was simply a no go. I finally fixed the problem by having the doorbell connect directly to the 2.4GHz part of my network and not the Arlo basestation. Everything still shows up in the Arlo app and functions just the same.

Seaeagles
Guide
Guide

Hi Claws family,

I just received my google nest wifi and going to set up today.

If you could just elaborate on your set up a bit more:

- I currently have a separate modem and router.

- As the google nest wifi only has one 1 lan port, this will need to connect to my modem

- As a result any ideas how I will connect my old router to be able to set up the doorbell?

- once doorbell is set up, do you need to continue to use the old router or can you revert to just the google nest wifi mesh set up?

Thanks

clawsfamily
Initiate
Initiate
Hello. How I did mine was I connected my ASUS router to the google nest. I then had the doorbell connect to the 2.4ghz mode on the ASUS router. I have left it connected. Because the doorbell is looking for the ASUS router and needs the 2.4 signal in order to connect. It wouldn’t work if I disconnected it. This was the only way I could get it to work. I worked with tech support a few times and they never had any other ideas. Hope this helps.
FredNew
Aspirant
Aspirant

Go through your setup for the doorbell as if you were installing it for the 1st time. When it ask you to scan for new devices, choose to “connect without basestation.” Then just choose your 2.4GHz network (usually the guest network). I hope this helps.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation