Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Chime 2 won’t connect

Eodwoz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems to be a reoccurring issue. I scan QR code, it asks to connect, amber light on chime flashes then white fade & then states it can’t connect. Using updated app on iPhone, doorbell, multiple cameras all work flawlessly???

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We have a fix for those experiencing issues onboarding their Chime 2 devices. A member of the Arlo development team will be reaching out via email to users who have posted here to coordinate the next steps to resolve this issue. If you do not receive an email within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

Thank you 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for all your feedback. The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

134 REPLIES 134
ScottHD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

I have purchased the Chime 2 and have the very same problem described here.

Please help!

BenSwin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a fix for this issue?

stefan2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS, could you send us the temp fix? I've had the Chime for over three months now, and I am not buying an Android to install it.

I happily get a refund otherwise. Thanks!

and_c
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wish I have read this thread earlier then I would have a much different decision. Anyway now I have joined to be the latest victim of this on-going issue.

Hi @ShayneS, could you please send me the fix as you've mentioned to all the other victims earlier on from your reply @2024-04-23? Much appreciated.

FrankGuy81
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same problem on my iPhone 15 Pro Max, after scanning the QR Code and then plugging the Chime 2 into an outlet, the white light flashes continuously and then I press continue, asks me to join I then click on Yes and nothing, doesn’t even connect! Can someone please help me cause I’ve been trying to add this now everyday for a week and no joy

SteenO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had this problem which I described first in March 2024.

The chime II did work ok until that time. After it could not connect. I was told to set up the connection again and in the meantime I got an iPhone 15 pro max. That phone cant read the QR code on the chime - it simply cant focus on the tiny QR code. I used a magnifying glass over the QR code and then it could register the chime.

HOWEVER the chime could not connect no matter what I did. I was in contact with the support of arlo and they found out that it was a hardware problem with the new chime so they send me a new one after some months. 

Unfortunately the new replacement chime has the same problems and still wont connect and I still had to use my magnifying glass to read the QR code.

I have given up on solving the problem and I think Arlo has too. They have been responsive at Arlo, but I think they genuinely cant solve the problem.

FrankGuy81
Tutor
Tutor

Well I had an email from Arlo Support, a customer service agent and was advised that a new Chime 2 will be dispatched out to me and that was like over 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting!

I have emailed them back asking for feedback on terms of whether the Chime 2 has been sent out etc as nd I haven’t even had a response back!

how bad Customer Service is that and Arlo advertise that they are a good company and reliable in terms of their products however they can’t even be bothered to send me a response regarding an update 

akonan
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS I have the same problem. Tried multiple iOS devices, all tips mentioned in this thread  and I don't have Android.

mreesharris
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you got a different iOS device. I used an iPad when my 15pm wouldn’t work and it worked first time. 

Arlosucks_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok so there are endless frustrated people on this thread, I was one of them. Literally wanted to through my phone at a wall.

anyway, the issue is a very simple one… for what ever reason this Arlo chime 2 does not work with an iPhone 15. God knows why but it just will not connect to the temp WiFi network it creates to onboard.

the easiest way is to find someone with an older iPhone, mine worked with my partners iPhone 13 max, and just login to the Arlo app on that device and do the onboarding. Works first go.

So before you drive yourself insane, just don’t try this on an iPhone 15.

@Arlo you seriously need to sort this out. Users will just go and buy a ring or a Google product. SORT IT OUT.