Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
JevCh
Follower
Follower

Hi, 

I was looking at updating my Arlo app to the New User Interface feature, so that I can share my cameras with my wife's account. As I was going through the process I received an error message saying that if I were to go ahead with the update my Chime 2 that is connected to my wire free door bell will no longer be supported. I have cancelled the update at that point, so it still works for me, but am wondering if this is actually the case. I found a few threads on this forum describing the same issue with contradicting information. Some people say that it will still work fine and some that it wont. Also, seems like this has been an ongoing problem for some time now.

Can someone please explain what will happen to my Chime 2 after the update and it would also be great to hear from an Arlo representative in regards to the status of a permanent solution for this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not clear as to what exact functionality may be missing but my chime does respond to a doorbell press. @JamesC ?

mpaquette70
Tutor
Tutor

In my post titled "Hey Arlo, When Will 'Feed' Replace 'Library'?", below is the last reply about Chime 2 support.  I will admit I have been too chicken to go through with the migration from Library to Feed.  Am hoping someone else will migrate first and report their experience.

The Chime 2 works fine here on the new UI with Feed. If a message pops up that it's not supported, ignore it.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation