Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo essential wired video doorbell - constant chime and doorbell orange color

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Borispe1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell - AVD1001

I bought on amazon US

I tried to install the chime and the video door bell, but whenever i do, the chime keeps on buzzing, and the video doorbell flashes white light once (when power on), then nothing few seconds, then orange color. And i cannot connect to it

Is there a solution?ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Borispe1 wrote:

I tried to install the chime and the video door bell, but whenever i do, the chime keeps on buzzing, and the video doorbell flashes white light once (when power on), then nothing few seconds, then orange color.

What model chime? Did you install the power kit?

Borispe1
Aspirant
Aspirant

The chime came together with the video device. The link:

https://a.co/d/cgOucNy

I followed the instruction, What is a power kit though?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Borispe1 wrote:

The chime came together with the video device. The link:

https://a.co/d/cgOucNy

I followed the instruction, What is a power kit though?

The power kit is a small module that needs to be wired across a traditional chime.  The onboarding workflow should have prompted you to install it.  

Are you talking about an Arlo chime???

Also, how is the doorbell powered???

Borispe1
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • It came with the power kit. 
    i installed everything as in diagram. 
    The doorbell via my own doorbell- powered with the wires from my original bell , and the chime (what you mention as power module) i connected as instructed.
    but still, the doorbell did not start, as I mentioned, and the chime kept on buzzing
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Borispe1 wrote:
  • It came with the power kit. 
    i installed everything as in diagram. 
    The doorbell via my own doorbell- powered with the wires from my original bell , and the chime (what you mention as power module) i connected as instructed.
    but still, the doorbell did not start, as I mentioned, and the chime kept on buzzing

On the components - there is the doorbell, the chime, and the transformer.  The powerkit is installed at the chime, not the transformer.  Though sometimes the transformer is co-located with the chime.

Can you let us know the specs of the transformer?  It needs to be 16-24 volts, and supply at least 10 VA (e.g., 10 amps) of power.

Maybe also post a photo of the chime, showing how the power kit is connected.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation