Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LizzieBeth813
Guide
Guide
I just received the Arlo Chime 2. Of course, zero directions included and hardly anything on the internet. I followed the small directions on the Arlo app and I’ve gotten nowhere. It keeps trying to connect to another wifi that is NOT mine. It’s only options are connect to that particliar wifi or cancel. I’ve reset and re-synced a dozen times and nothing. Has anyone purchased a chime 2?
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The chime should try to use the same WiFi that your phone is connected to - it should automatically use that connection. I don't recall the exact process I used for mine but there may be the capability to type in the SSID of the desired network - is that true here? Does a list of available networks show up for you to pick from?

Make sure your phone is using 2,4GHz band on your WiFi to reduce the chance of problems.

LizzieBeth813
Guide
Guide
It doesn’t even give me the option to choose any of my wifi. I also have two extenders and nothing. It will only give me that one unknown wifi.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible that you have your network set up to only use the 5GHz band? What router do you have?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LizzieBeth813,

As jguerdat mentions above, it sounds like your home network is not broadcasting a 2.4GHz band. Check your router settings and make sure you have 2.4GHz enabled before attempting to go through setup for the chime.

JamesC

English7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, Called Arlo support 1.5 weeks ago they could not figure out how to correct. I asked for a Return Authorization and the support person told me that before she could process that she needed to escalate the issue and some one would call me back. I have not heard faomarlo support on how to correct the issue or that they will issue a call tag for me to return the chime 2.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation