Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Goldy68
Tutor
Tutor

I am trying to connect my new video doorbell to my VMB4000 base station and i checked that it had the latest firmware and it does.

I get up to the stage on the app when it says if there is a solid white colour on it and there is and then it says it has detected a base station.

I press continue and it says to push the arlo doorbell buttonand i do not get a QR code. It then goes to looking for doorbell but it never finds it.

I tried to connect to the wifi and I get a QR code then I hear the chime but it still does not connect.

Does anyone have any ideas? Do I have to reset the base station?

I turned off the power to the base station and that did not seem to work.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried resetting the doorbell by pressing the sync button on the back of the doorbell? There's an FAQ here on how to do this.

Goldy68
Tutor
Tutor
Hi yes I have reset the doorbell a few times.
Has me baffled a bit.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Goldy68,

Is your mobile connected to the same network as the base station?

JamesC

urstruly
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased the video doorbell and am getting conflicting opinions that this will not work with VMB4000 base? The FAQ  @https://kb.arlo.com/000062329/Arlo-Video-Doorbell-FAQ says its supported for the base but can one of you reconfirm on the same?

@Goldy68 @JamesC @jguerdat 

Goldy68
Tutor
Tutor
I rang Arlo support which was very helpful.
I managed to get the doorbell connected to my WiFi.
There was an issue with my wifi network so I tried the other network we have here and it connected straight away.
I also tried to connect it to my vmb4000 base and it didn't work.
The arlo support person said they will get the engineers to look at it and they will contact me when it's capable of connecting to my doorbell.
urstruly
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Goldy68  - were you able to make progress connecting to the VMB4000 base? If not, did the support team ever get back to you on a date for resolution. Also, when you tried connecting to the VMB4000 base did it remove any of the pro 2 camera funcitonality to record to the 7-day free cloud or usb drive as reported in https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/Connecting-Arlo-Video-doorbell-to-Smarthub/m-p/176...

I'm assuming with the above challenges, you are just using the video doorbell directly connected to the cloud using the 3-month trial right?

@JamesC 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation