Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I connect the video doorbell with out the power kit

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DjAndrade
Guide
Guide

Can I connect the video doorbell with out the power kit because I don’t have no doorbell or chime

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If there is no existing doorbell, you can skip the power kit..

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If there is no existing doorbell, you can skip the power kit..

Morse is faster than texting!
DjAndrade
Guide
Guide
Ok but which one i go with because on the set up it asking me to pick one
DjAndrade
Guide
Guide
What’s the steps I have to take to skip the power kit
twospirits
Guide
Guide

I had the same issue  a few weeks ago when I was installing mine. While I do have a old doorbell, the transformer isn't connected to the Electrical panel and to get an electrician to reroute wires would be cost prohibitive. I therefore went with getting an external plug in transformer from Amazon (item # B07ZH2L5JS) and spliced the wire to connect the power kit since the diagram in the install seems to indicate that you need the power kit to be connected. But it seems that the power kit doesn't need to be connected at all as per superuser TomMac. So to proceed with the install steps in the app just pic the top (wires) image and proceed to the next step.

BTW, i eventually bought the Arlo Chime and while the Video doorbell doesn't really connect to it like a usual chime (when you press the door bell) you can set up a activity zone in the app to send a motion mode to have the chime play a melody.

DjAndrade
Guide
Guide
The only problem I’m having is Q scan won’t scan
twospirits
Guide
Guide

Try doing a screenshot of the qr code on your phone, then expand that screenshot to have the qr code cover most of the screen and see if the video doorbell scans it. That worked for me.

DjAndrade
Guide
Guide
Nice that work for me too thanks.

Next question, has anyone find a digital doorbell chime for the power kit. I found the battery chime for the power kit but I’m looking for the outlet digital chime
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation