Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Black video doorbell live feed not working on google nest hub

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rp926
Tutor
Tutor
Hello

I have an arlo video doorbell wire free (listed as AVD2001Aer1.2 in arlo app)

I encounter a few issues which I would love if someone from arlo could answer

1) I can’t stream the live feed on google nest hub. It displays a « live stream cant be displayed (or something along those lines)
I already lowered the AVD résolution to the lowest to no avail.
I actually succeeded seeing ONE time the live feed, I don’t know what I did to make it work.

2) I receive notification when someone press the doorbell on the nest hub, but I thought I would get a Video call like on my phone. Is it designed to not support the video call ?

R
3 REPLIES 3
rp926
Tutor
Tutor

More than 48 hours since I posted this and no answer?

My arlo video doorbell is unusable.... 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rp926 wrote:

More than 48 hours since I posted this and no answer?

My arlo video doorbell is unusable.... 

This is a community forum (though mods will sometimes give advice, they don't always). 

I don't use nest myself, so I can't offer any help on this.  You might try support - using the link at the upper right of the forum page.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rp926,

When using Google Assistant, you can receive announcements on doorbell presses and you can manually initiate live streams but there is no functionality for automatically initiating a live stream on doorbell press through the Google Nest Hub.

For more information on integrating your Arlo devices with Google Assistant, take a look here: How do I connect my Arlo cameras to the Google Assistant app?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation