Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
scootyboombooty
Tutor
Tutor

We changed our wifi password a few months ago and stopped using the doorbell.  Trying to connect it too wifi and use it again and get this message at the end of setup "something went wrong so your doorbell cannot be registered to your account. Please try again

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove it from Settings, My Devices. Hold the little sync button on the back for >15 seconds until the ring flashes white. Try setting it up again.

scootyboombooty
Tutor
Tutor

I tried this 5 times yesterday and same error message every time in the app, "something went wrong so your doorbell cannot be registered to your account. Please try again"

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@scootyboombooty wrote:

I tried this 5 times yesterday and same error message every time in the app, "something went wrong so your doorbell cannot be registered to your account. Please try again"

Are you using the same account now that you were using before?

scootyboombooty
Tutor
Tutor
Same account. My subscription expired but that shouldn't stop me from re adding a camera. This all started bc i changed our wifi password and waited a month or so to re set up the doorbell with new wifi password. I deleted the camera and re added it. I also reset the cam several times holding the button for >15 secs. Still wont let me add it and get the error message. The message comes after successfully pair the doorbell and get the chime but get the message after it asks me to name the doorbell.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@scootyboombooty wrote:
This all started bc i changed our wifi password and waited a month or so to re set up the doorbell with new wifi password.

This might be hard to test, but it might be useful to try changing the wifi password back, and see if that works.

scootyboombooty
Tutor
Tutor

I can't remember the old password.  Ill try adding it a few more times.  If it doesn't work then I give up.  Arlo doesn't offer support after 1 year or if your not subscribed.  Arlo If you reading please unlock my doorbell so I can add it.  Thanks for you help.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation