Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo video doorbell smart notifications and zones issues

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary
I just installed the new arlo video doorbell connected directly to WiFi and not through a hub. I set up 3 zones where I only want motion detected and I have smart notifications set to people, animals with vehicles and other motion turned off.

I am receiving notifications not in my zones and I am receiving smart notifications for vehicles even though it’s turned off. Why? Support tells me there is an issue with zones not working. Is this true? They can’t figure out why I’m getting smart notifications for things I have turned off. I have 4 other Arlo pro cameras with the hub and they work fine, although I don’t use zones with them.

Any help would be appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo recently deployed a cloud update enhancing Activity Zone accuracy. This should improve the experience for users reporting symptoms of motion detection alerts and recordings occurring outside of their defined Activity Zones. We are continuing to monitor Activity Zone behavior and will provide additional enhancements in the coming weeks.

The_Ruski
Aspirant
Aspirant
@JamesC how does one know if they’ve received said update?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The_Ruski,

This was not a firmware or app update. The update was on the cloud and is automatic, no user interaction necessary.

JamesC

Supercae
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue too. It is frustrating getting notifications every couple minutes when a vehicle drives by.

I hope the update to the cloud kicks in soon because this sucks.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent update was deployed to the Arlo cloud that should address the accuracy of Activity Zones. This should improve accuracy by more reliably sending notifications only when motion occurs within defined zones. More work is being done to improve the behavior of Arlo Smart notifications and to fix the Activity Zones error that some users are seeing when not using an AC adapter (battery only). Stay tuned for future updates.

JamesC

unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary

Hi James,

Can you please stop with the same replies over and over.  You have already told us a cloud update should help the issue with zones and it has been reported in this thread that it did not do anything.  Also, smart notifications are not working correctly as has been reported here.

The_Ruski
Aspirant
Aspirant
@JamesC,

Is this a new cloud update or is it the same as the one mentioned several weeks ago? Also, should we expect this update to take effect immediately?
unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary
I don’t know which update, but it’s the same response every time.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation