Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo video doorbell recordings

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dylanthology
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a question about the doorbell.
If someone rings the bell , it doesn’t record any footage, is this normal?
Can you make sure to record from the moment someone use the doorbell (without having to accept the call, or set the setting to start recording when motion is detected)?
I live at a street where there pass many cars, so it’s not possible to activate the ‘motion control’ to start recording.
I think it should be standard to see who was at the door if they did ring the bell?
Please help..
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have the camera armed so it will record the person walking up to the door. Ringing the doorbell doesn't create another recording but answering it via the app should.

To make it possible to record while minimizing the number of false triggers caused by cars on the street I use an activity zone that clearly cuts out the street but I also reduce motion sensitivity a lot in my modes and rules. I'm adjusting the nighttime mode now since cars are setting off the camera more frequently so the level is set to 25% while I use 35% during the day. Testing is needed to determine the best settings in your case.

dylanthology
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply!
I will test this out..
I did think about it to be honest, but I also think it should be a ‘normal’ feature for the doorbell to record video when being pressed.

Thanks for your help.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation