Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
One4blue
Follower
Follower
Just purchased an Arlo video doorbell 3 days ago. I already had the Arlo wireless security cameras (1st generation). Day 1 got it connected and running. I could see and hear from it all day. It worked fine. Day 2 showed offline when I woke up in the morning. Went to my porch, reset it and followed the process to set it up again. It worked fine for the rest of the day. Day 3 showed offline in the morning again! Anyone know how to fix this? Help please.
32 REPLIES 32
AdrienneA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I talked to Arlo Support. They told me to reboot my phone. So far, so good, but I have to reboot almost every day. Their software is in great need of improvement.

RussAtAnkeny
Aspirant
Aspirant
This worked. Doorbell was disconnected, changed router wifi channel from "auto" to specific channel # and bingo it reconnected right away.
BigTastyTuna
Initiate
Initiate

The app can be buggy.  As previously mentioned, go to "mode" and disarm all devices, then arm them again.  The live feed will come back up.  Your camera was likley never "off line", just the app saying it was.

a2f
Aspirant
Aspirant

Based on.my own experience and that of other users who wrote on this page this is a design problem with your products, and there is no option to reset it in the app. I bought my video doorbell 2 days ago and it went off line 4 times already. I am very frustrated with it. Each time I have to take it off, recharge the battery again, reset it and reinstall. I am just about ready to ditch it and buy a different brand.

MCresmen
Aspirant
Aspirant
I completely agree.... this is the worst product ever. It worked great for the first 2 months then stopped connecting. I had it sitting on the counter for months, tried reconnecting and it stayed connected for 4 days. Now won't connect. I've done support many times, sent my first one back, got a new one, it's definitely a software issue. I've messed with my.router and home network multiple times and it doesn't matter. Nothing works. Worst product ever!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MCresmen,

If you're still having the same issue after getting a replacement model, I encourage you to reach out to the support team again to further investigate the issue.

JamesC

LNMJR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I feel your pain. I bought one. It worked great so I bought another one. They both worked great for 3 months. Now both are offline. I tried reconnecting/resyncing. I tried removing both devices completely and re-adding them. I tried switching to a WiFi extender 10' from one of the doorbells. Right after the app says I'm connected I go to live view and app says I'm not connected. This is very encouraging especially after I signed up for subscriptions for both doorbells. 

Joe-F
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ding ding! We have a winner!  At least in my case. Thanks Charmed79! My wired doorbell was showing offline mutiple times a day and I wondered if Band Steering mentioned earlier could be the issue.  I contacted my ISP about the wireless router they were leasing me for 5 bucks a month. They advised that it did not have the option to turn off Band Steering and that they had no other routers with that option. 

I purchased a TP-Link Archer AX21/AX1800 Dual Band WiFi 6 Router which has the settable option of either automatic Band Steering or two discrete channels for 5G and 2G.  After installation I connected the camera specifically to its 2G channel.  Since then I have not seen it go offline once.  The router was on sale for 79 bucks on Amazon so saving that 5 buck a month rental will pay for it in just over a year. 

Discussion stats