Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell Viewing Recording After Paying For Subscription

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MaximumBrian
Follower
Follower

After my free year of Arlo secure subscription, I did not renew. So I did not have cloud continuous video recording. Recently my neighbor was robbed and my doorbell has a clear view of their home. I subscribed in the hopes that I would then gain access to past recordings to hand over to the police, but it seems I had to have been subscribed first to have had it record. Is there any way around this? Is it possible that I can somehow still access that footage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MaximumBrian wrote:

I subscribed in the hopes that I would then gain access to past recordings to hand over to the police, but it seems I had to have been subscribed first to have had it record. Is there any way around this? Is it possible that I can somehow still access that footage?

Unfortunately, no.  The recordings were never stored in the first place, so there is nothing to access.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MaximumBrian wrote:

I subscribed in the hopes that I would then gain access to past recordings to hand over to the police, but it seems I had to have been subscribed first to have had it record. Is there any way around this? Is it possible that I can somehow still access that footage?

Unfortunately, no.  The recordings were never stored in the first place, so there is nothing to access.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation