Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Tanyahiers502
Tutor
Tutor
I have an existing Arlo system with cameras. I purchased the video pro doorbell and can not get it to work at all. I have an Orbi router. I tried separating the signals and it still would not work. For installation it recognizes the base station but then says base station but then says doorbell not found. I tried without the base station and it will not recognize the QR code either. I was on the phone with tech for an hour and she did nothing to help except make me retry all the things I had already tried. I am super frustrated and want to just return it but I love my cameras and never had a single issue with them. Can anyone help???
17 REPLIES 17
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tanyahiers502,

Support for syncing the doorbell with your Base Station is not quite ready. Firmware updates need to take place before you're able to onboard using a Base Station. This firmware should be available soon.

For now, you should be able to sync your Arlo Video Doorbell directly to your access point. If you're still experiencing an issue, take a look at this article for some troubleshooting tips: My Arlo Video Doorbell wasn't found during setup; what do I do?

JamesC

Tanyahiers502
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you James, I had already tried all of that.  It works exactly as it says but then will not accept the QR code.  I have tried my Ipad, various times of day (d/t  lighting) and had the electrician out to recheck the doorbell to make sure it was functioning.  I am quite sure it has something to do with the Orbi router but it would not work even we separated the SSID's.  Any other suggestions? I am worried that if I wait for the update it may be too late to return it. 

EricShaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Set up is failing in final steps. 

I just purchased an Arlo Video Doorbell.  I have 5 Arlo cameras and a base station.  I have followed the instructions but can not get the doorbell connected.   If I follow the app, it finds a base station, checks for firmware updates, and then can never find the doorbell.  If I use the manual method, the doorbell flashes white, fails to acknowledge the QR code (no sound).  I have restarted the router, confirmed i am connected on same 2.4 network, reset the Base, reset the doorbell and attempted both methods end to end over 8 times.  I'm afraid something is Dead on Arrival and I'm spinning my wheels.  I would prefer to use the hub, but can wait a bit for that as long as I can confirm the doorbell works at least on the local Wifi. 

BASE=VMB4000r3

FIRMWARE=1.15.0.1_3162_d878851.

Tanyahiers502
Tutor
Tutor
Exact same problem I am having I have spent hours and hours and have been through every single troubleshooting tool. Tech was zero help. I am Trying to wait out the update but likely will return for the ring one that works with 5ghz. If you figure anything out let me know.
EricShaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

I may end up doing the same.  I do hope there is a firmware upgrade that will resolve this.  If not, and if the Arlo Doorbell will not integrate into my existing Arlo cameras, I would look again at the other brands.  (If it has to be stand-alone why stay with Arlo.)  Since I'd prefer it be Arlo, I'll give it another week (until 4/10), then start the return process if it's still DOA.  

Tanyahiers502
Tutor
Tutor

Eric, check your doorbell.  The update must have come out and my automatically was showing on my arlo app I did not do anything.  It looks great.  Weird, but I will take it!

EricShaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep!  Same here.  

Cheers

EricShaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yesterday FIRMWARE=1.15.0.1_3162_d878851

Current FIRMWARE=1.16.1.1_3348_facf74c

This might be part of the solution pushed to us.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Base Station- VMB4000 and VMB4500 are now compatible with the Arlo Video Doorbell.  Please ensure that your base-station firmware is updated to the latest version, as listed below:

VMB4000   1.16.1.1_3348_facf74c

VMB4500   1.16.1.1_3260_facf74c

We're still in the process of releasing firmware to support Arlo Video Doorbell on VMB4540 and VMB5000 SmartHubs, stay tuned for an announcement on firmware availability if you have one of those SmartHubs.

Thanks!

EricShaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you James

Indeed it do see the doorbell in the hub now.  However I do not see the ability to record or save any events.  Neither to the hub or cloud.  I should have this ability for at least a 30 day period should I not?  Perhaps there are additional steps I need to execute.  Please advise. 

-Eric

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EricShaver,

For content to save to the cloud, you must have an Arlo Smart subscription. Check Settings > Subscription to be sure your doorbell has participating in your existing subscription plan if you have one already.

JamesC

Tanyahiers502
Tutor
Tutor

Eric, you should have the complimentary subscription if you are in the library it should say select in the top right corner.  Once you select there should be options for downloading. Mine says I have 3 months free.

Bbumps62
Aspirant
Aspirant
Trying to connect Arlo video doorbell to VMB3500 with no luck. I see in previous posts that firmware updates are coming. Has one been released for this bad station?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bbumps62,

VMB3500 is not compatible. For more information on this, take a look here: How do I connect my Arlo Video Doorbell to an Arlo SmartHub or base station?

JamesC

Ktzdaman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello friends,

I just bought the ultra 4 pack from Costco. Hooked it up not issues to my orbi system. Tried to install the video door bell and it can not connect. I think it’s a 2.4ghz problem but I’m not sure. I’m about to rip it off the wall and chuck it down the street. Any help?
Ktzdaman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any idea when we will get an update for the 5000. Kinda bs that they bundle it with the ultra when it doesn’t work 😞
Tanyahiers502
Tutor
Tutor
I had no problems at all with the doorbell once the update came through. Since the doorbell doesn’t require the hub I wonder what might happen if
You unplug the hub and try to connect the doorbell directly to WiFi?
Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation