Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo essential doorbell wired avd1001

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Habsrule11
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi i have a arlo essential wired doorbell. When i connect the power pack to the chime the original doorbell doesnt work. So when i hook up the arlo doorbell of course theres no power. Maybe im wiring the power pack wrong. The chime has 3 wires labeled 0, 1, 2. I disconnected one of them and the back door stopped working so im guessing the other 2 are needed for the front door. Any suggestions why when I connect the power pack along with the original wires the power doesn't come through?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Habsrule11 wrote:
The chime has 3 wires labeled 0, 1, 2. I disconnected one of them and the back door stopped working so im guessing the other 2 are needed for the front door. 

The power kit should be connected to those other two.

@Habsrule11 wrote:
When i connect the power pack to the chime the original doorbell doesnt work.

Is the switch on the power kit set to "bypass mode"? That is the "X" position.

That would explain this symptom - you should have that switch in the "O" position.

Habsrule11
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply
So before i took off the old doorbell i installed the power kit into the chime As soon as i did that the old doorbell stopped working. I switched the button from "x" to "o". Still didnt work
Attached is my transformer which should be compatible and ill post my chime in a minute
20211024_143313_720x1280.jpg
Habsrule11
Aspirant
Aspirant
Heres my chime. I think it says 10 volts. Im not sure if thats a problem or does just the transformer have to be between 16 and 24v
20211024_125432_720x1280.jpg
Habsrule11
Aspirant
Aspirant
I might have answered my own question. The transformer says 10 volts as well.
So im correct and the transformer needs to be replaced. Does the chime also need replacing?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Habsrule11 wrote:
 Does the chime also need replacing?

Hard to say - I'm not seeing a manual or specs on line.

You could also look into exchanging the AVD1001 for an AVD2001 (which is spec's down to 8 volts).

But I think the AVD2001 uses the same power kit - so if the original doorbell won't ring with the power kit installed, then I think you'll still have a compatibility issue.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation