Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bgodwin3
Follower
Follower

I have had several Arlo door cameras for years, with the ability to view the video recordings for seven days as a free service. I recently added the Arlo doorbell and it had a free three months subscription which gave me extra features. That subscription has expired. I can no longer view ANY videos from the doorbell. It tells me it saw something, but no video in the library. Is it still possible to set it up to view videos for the seven day period like my other cameras without paying for a service with the extra features I do not need? 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bgodwin3 wrote:

Is it still possible to set it up to view videos for the seven day period like my other cameras without paying for a service with the extra features I do not need? 

All the newer cameras/doorbells (starting with the Ultra back in 2018) require a subscription to get any cloud storage.  Another aspect with the doorbells - since they cannot be aimed, you often do need activity zones with them (which is another subscription feature).

If you have a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000), you can set up direct access to local storage, which would allow you to see videos stored in the smarthub in the app.  This feature isn't available in other bases (VMB3000, VMB4000, VMB4500, etc).

However, there are several limitations with that feature, and IMO it is more cost effective to get a single camera subscription if you only have one camera w/o the free 7-day cloud storage.  If you want to get a smarthub anyway, post back and I can provide more info on the limitations with direct access.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation