Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Burdzysa
Star
Star
Hello, I purchased the Arlo video doorbell today to add on to my 4 cameras and base station set up. All of my preexisting cameras are connected to my 4540 base station and function great. This evening the doorbell could not be found by the base station. After multiple resets and unsuccessful connection attempts, I connected the doorbell to wifi and have it operating that way. I have read other posts that there have been issues connecting to the base station. Any assistance with this would be great. Again, the doorbell is connected to wifi and operating properly however, it would be nice to have it hooked to base station with the other 4 cameras. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with the latest release of the Arlo iOS mobile app. Please download the latest version from the app store.

JamesC

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you say "resets" do you mean holding the doorbell's reset button for >10 seconds until the ring light flashes quickly?

Burdzysa
Star
Star
Correct
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap at the store or use the Contact SUpport link at the bottom here since it may be a hardware problem.

briansl1976
Tutor
Tutor

I am having same issue of doorbell not being found. I have: updated firmware on hub. power cycled and hard reset hub. removed doorbell and hub from account. hard reset doorbell. added hub and cameras back to system. It still will not connect, even with hub less than 1 foot away. All cameras connect just fine. I called support and talked for 20 minutes to get it to work, with no success.  I purchased from Amazon, I suppose I'll have to r

RoyBjel
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, same problem with my second Video Doorbell set. First replaced as not functioning. Second will not connect. I have performed all the steps as above, Have tried to get in contact with support, but in vain. Any suggestions, to get this unit to connect and work?

The unit does not react to scanning the code for direkt wi-fi. 

joemo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue connecting to my Smarthub. Software version 2.21 was pushed to my system and I lost the ability to turn doorbells on/off from my app. Arlo support had me delete the doorbell from the account and re-add it. The hub doesn't find it now so Arlo support had me attach it to my router (which does work). Waiting on them to call me back about the app issue and the connectivity issue with the hub.

Rak9378
Star
Star

Same issue here.   I can only connect the doorbell through WiFi which is not ideal for my setup.   When trying to connect it to the Base Station the app just keeps searching but can't find the Doorbell.  The odd thing is the Doorbell thinks it is connecting because it is leaving sync mode and starts functioning like it is connected.   What I mean is it is detecting motion and if I press the button to sync again it makes the chime noise that indicates a successful connection.

My hub firmware updated while installing.  The firmware is currently 1.16.3.4_707_c289687.  Clearly this is not a hardware issue since there are multiple people here posting about the same issue.  Would be great to know if anyone has successfully connected the Doorbell to the hub or if this is yet another issue that Arlo is looking into.

Thx

Burdzysa
Star
Star
Exact same situation here. It’s very frustrating
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have all of you used the Contact Support link at the bottom here so it's logged as an issue and actively worked on?

joemo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't create a ticket online but did call their phone support (waited over an hour in queue). I do have an open case that I opened on 10/17/20 and I still haven't heard back even after I called back on 10/21/20 to ask for an update. Issue #1 was the on/off for doorbells on the phone app (the cameras are ok) and issue #2 was connecting to the hub. I'll keep this thread posted if I hear anything.

Rak9378
Star
Star
I just submitted a case and provided a link to this thread.
jlight39
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spent all day trying to get this to connect.  Mine won’t work connecting to the base or by wifi.  Same firmware as above.  All other cameras working perfectly.  Waiting for update on this thread.

Rak9378
Star
Star

@jlight39 Make sure you're connecting to a 2.4GHz network.  I had trouble because I use an Orbi Mesh for my WiFi and it has both a 5g and 2.4g signal and you can't choose which one you want.   I finally got it to connect to the 2.4GHz and that's when it worked right away.

Burdzysa
Star
Star
This is only for a wifi connection. The problem we are all having is trying to connect to the hub.
jlight39
Aspirant
Aspirant

My 5G on my router is set to not be discoverable.  The doorbell acts as if it connects, but it never shows up.  It will not connect with QR code either.

jlight39
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally able to get it to connect via QR this morning, but bought this system to use all from base.  Would love an update on why this won’t connect.

Rak9378
Star
Star

@Burdzysa   I know I'm having the same issue with the Smart Hub.  My comment about the WiFi was directed to jlight39 since he or she commented that they couldn't even connect it to the WiFi.  Figured WiFi is better than nothing.

@jlight39  Glad to hear you at least got it connected to WiFi.  Agree the Smart Hub would be ideal so I'm also hoping for quick resolution.   

RoyBjel
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I have reported the issue to Arlo support, was given case number, and received no comments or contact from support after replacing the doorbell. It was their initial suggestion when reporting the issue of no connection on the first unit.. No respons to QR code reading on either units. My expectation was that the doorbell and my two Ultra cameras would operate as one system in the same smart hub. Does anyone have any answer from Arlo in solving the issue with no connection, since my support contact gave no reply as to this as a ongoing issue. 

Thks to all users for reply and good advice.

scubadivingbum
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same Issue...

My hub firmware updated while installing.  The firmware is currently 1.16.3.4_707_c289687.  Clearly, this is not a hardware issue since there are multiple people here posting about the same issue.  Pretty much did what everyone is doing with hard-reset, hard-reboot, etc. Would be great to know if anyone has successfully connected the Doorbell to the hub...

Dutchboy22
Guide
Guide
I’ve tried numerous times on multiple WiFi networks with no success in connecting. Works with QR. never connects to base station. All other cameras work without issues. Going on a week.
joemo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still haven't heard from customer support, even after calling and sending emails for an update. I've now got a new problem in addition to my existing issues: When either one of my doorbells (2) are pushed, I get calls to my cell phone even though Silent Mode is turned on and Incoming Call is turned off. I did send them another email last night about this new issue, no response so far.

Issues:

* Cannot attach video doorbell to VMB5000 SmartHub (I can attach it to router)

* On/Off toggle is gone from both doorbells on phone app

* Doorbells are calling my cell phone when pushed even though that feature is turned off

okdave
Aspirant
Aspirant

doorbell worked fine for months, then we changed our router due to a failure and I removed the doorbell from my unit so I could reconnect to new router.

Now it won't connect it says it sees the base station and won't even ring anymore and won't connect.

Tried resetting, even disconnected the power and tried to start over to no avail.

Help don't have an hour to sit on the phone

Help

joemo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Assuming you have a video doorbell try these steps (good luck)

• Reset doorbell – on the back of doorbell, press the reset button for 15 seconds
  • Add new device on phone app
  • Select Doorbells and chime
  • Select Essential Video Doorbell Wired
  • Follow Doorbell installation instructions
  • When you get to the screen “We detected a SmartHub”, select Connect without SmartHub
  • Make sure the SSID is using the 2.4 GHz band, enter password
  • Press the doorbell
  • When the LED light is flashing on the doorbell, press continue on the app
  • Hold QR in front of camera, should hear a chime when successful

This sometimes took several tries before it worked.

briansl1976
Tutor
Tutor
That’s not the issue of this thread. The issue is the inability to connect to base hub. That’s not being addressed by Arlo and is very disappointing.
Discussion stats