Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app not showing notifications when arlo app is closed

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
GX6ACE
Aspirant
Aspirant

The only way I get push notifications on my phone(android) is if the app is physically open. Up until last week, I didn't need the app running in active apps to give me notifications, running in the background seemed to be enough. Now it will not notify me at all, and when I open the app, it's like i just signed in for the first time, and it take 10-15 seconds to even load my cameras. I just get a blank screen with the add camera button until it loads them. I have tried reinstalling the app, logging out, rebooting my phone, and yes, notifications are enabled on my phone, they are not muted and it has all permissions.

32 REPLIES 32
Monarch
Guide
Guide

If you mean having to reinstall your cameras, no, you wouldnt have to do that. When i uninstalled the app and downloaded the 4.3.5 version, i had to provide my general info, but that was it.

RandyRy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not working again since June 1st

RandyRy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Reinstaali g the app seems to have restored things.  Apps been quirkey since last Samsung UI software and UI updates

KACPCO
Guide
Guide

Their development team is lacking serious production readiness testing. I've been in software development for decades, can't imagine rolling out a production release that breaks basic core functionality and on the 1% chance a perfect storm negated a baseline functionality test, the team would deliver the prod fix within 24 hours.  Not these guys... obviously Arlo dev isn't managed well. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue has been resolved with the latest version of the Arlo app v4.5

Please make sure you have the latest version from the play store.

Thank you  

KACPCO
Guide
Guide

ShayneS, thanks for the follow-up. Notifications appeared to be restored this am after v4.5 install however all cameras attached to 2 different base stations have gone offline for last few hours and will not reconnect. Power cycled both base stations, showing all 3 green lights, cameras still offline.  Power cycled modem and router, cameras still offline and will not connect. Internet service verified to all other non-Arlo devices on premises. 

Monarch
Guide
Guide

I havent downloaded the June 2nd update and based on KACPCO's comments and the recent reviews in the google play store for the app, i dont plan on updating it as it sounds like there are still, if not more, problems with the updated version of the app. I'll stick with the version that works.

JanetteW
Aspirant
Aspirant

After my initial issues, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled the Apr 25 version as suggested by Monarch. All was working as it should. When the newest (June 2) update was released I decided to give it a try. I started periodically not getting notifications again unless I opened the app...then I'd get them again. I have reverted back to the Apr 25 version for now.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation