Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video doorbell lost connection and now Arlo app cannot find it

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Morningcoffee
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the past week, my video doorbell said that it had lost connection. I have a Eero mesh network. When I factory reset the doorbell, the Arlo app can’t find the doorbell, although the Eero app says it is connected. The Arlo support has not been able to provide any help and I’m way ahead of them. Seems like folks have ran into this before and fixed the issue by connecting the doorbell riptide the Eero guest network. However, I do not want to use the guest network. I’m thinking about just throwing this thing in the trash and not recommending it to anyone. 

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Morningcoffee

Which version of the Arlo mobile app are you using when trying to onboard your doorbell? Can you make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app 3.5.4 installed.

Morningcoffee
Aspirant
Aspirant
3.5.4. I was hoping it was just an outdated app issue, but still no luck.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you reset the doorbell, did you also remove it from Settings, My Devices?

Morningcoffee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. I’ve disconnected from app, reset doorbell, ensured I was only using 2.4, turned off router advanced security, reset the router, changed passcode, made sure no special characters in passcode, disconnected from power. I even bought a new doorbell which would not connect to app either. I did notice that the doorbell will connect to the router, but the app will just not find it.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been various issues with Arlo and Eero mesh networks. I don't have that router so can't comment on fixes so hopefully someone with an Eero will jump in. You may also want to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here since they may have specific suggestions relative to Eero.

Morningcoffee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the info! Yea, I’m starting to think it is a combo with both eero and Arlo. I’m hoping upcoming releases will help. My father has eero and has no problem. However, he connects to the hub.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation