Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
enricoguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

My video doorbell was working fine initially. When my trial period expired, the doorbell went offline (was connected via wifi). Other cameras that were connected via base station kept working. I did a hard reset on the doorbell and connected the doorbell to my base station (VMB4500r2). Now the doorbell is online, detects motion, sends notifications but does not record video.

In the mode setting, "Record Video" option is grayed out. I also tried to create new mode, but "Record Video" is disabled there as well. For other cameras, its available, selected and working fine too.

I read online that restarting the base might fix this issue. If I do it remotely ( as I am not preset there) , would all cameras reconnect to the base automatically after the base reboot? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you have used the trial, you must realize that these require a subscription for cloud recordings. You can use a USB thumb drive on your base to be able to record locally and, depending on your base, view the recordings via the app. You would need a VMB4540 at a minimum to view them with the app but you can also just safely eject the drive for viewing on a computer with your existing base.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you have used the trial, you must realize that these require a subscription for cloud recordings. You can use a USB thumb drive on your base to be able to record locally and, depending on your base, view the recordings via the app. You would need a VMB4540 at a minimum to view them with the app but you can also just safely eject the drive for viewing on a computer with your existing base.

enricoguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, I was under the impression that it will save 7 days for free, same as my other pro2 cameras which is not the case. I will purchase the subscription for the doorbell or will use the usb drive. Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation