Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Video Doorbell Issues

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JDH5885
Follower
Follower
I received my video doorbell 6/27/20 and installed it per the instructions on the app. I tested all the features. It rang my phone, sent alerts and notifications, video and were clear, and rang the chime inside. It worked great.......for 30 mins. Then I got a notification that the doorbell was offline. I went out to check it and there were no lights on the doorbell at all anymore. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting all of the wired connections to make sure they were secure. I pushed the reset pin for 15 seconds Removed the doorbell from the app and tried to reinstall but of course the doorbell couldn’t be found now that it was not powered on. The transformer is a 24v and producing current at the doorbell. I read there was an internal battery that may need to recharge but after 24 hrs there are still no lights. still nothing . A few days later i uninstalled everything and re installed per the app instructions and it again worked perfectly for about 30 mins and then went offline and had no lights lit on the doorbell. This thing is driving me crazy. It seems by reading the arlo community boards this is a common issue. Please help!!!!!!!
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not common but anything is possible. First, check the actual voltage from the transformer at the doorbell end. It may be that the transformer needs replacing or that the wiring is damaged. If all seems fine, I would swap at the store as a first attempt.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation