Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
widowmakr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, so I went out and got a stronger transformer which was definitely needed.

My problem now is that the doorbell will continue to flash white lights but doesn't seem to connect with my router.

I'm attempting to link it to a 2.4 wifi but to no avail.

I've heard one solution that has worked is generating a QR code from the router. How exactly do you do that?

Signed,

At wit's end

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

widowmakr,

At what point during the onboarding are you experiencing an issue? Do you see any error messages?

Take a look here for more information if you're having trouble scanning the QR code during setup: My Arlo Video Doorbell won’t scan the QR code when I am connecting it to a router; what do I do?

JamesC

widowmakr
Aspirant
Aspirant
It does scan the code and I hear the chime. I press the button and it begins to blink white lights but I get a message on my phone that the router wasn't found.
Podhale829
Aspirant
Aspirant
I turned off my WiFi and cellular data from my cell phone and just turned in the WiFi. Then scanned the code again and it worked. Hope this helps
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

widowmakr,

If you try turning off your cell data so that your mobile device is only connected to WiFi, like Podhale829 suggests above, does that resolve the issue?

JamesC

Tegrant87
Initiate
Initiate
My doorbell is blinking white, but will not connect to internet:hub.

What’s weird is I have an arlo pro 2 camera same distance from hun as the doorbell and have no problems with connectivity

Please help!
Tegrant87
Initiate
Initiate
My doorbell is blinking white, but will not connect to internet:hub.

What’s weird is I have an arlo pro 2 camera same distance from hub as the doorbell and have no problems with connectivity

2nd question- it hasn’t promoted me to scan any QR code. So I’m thinking this may be the issue

Please help!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tegrant87,

How far along are you getting in the onboarding flow? What screen do you encounter an issue? Are you given any error messages?

JamesC

Havilars
Aspirant
Aspirant

My video doorbell suddenly is no longer showing up on my app.  When I try to reconnect it I get a device not found message. The 3 month free trial recently expired and I want to connect it to my bas station.  I no longer have a QR code for scanning nor do I know how to generate one. Thanks in advance for your help resolving this issue. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Havilars,

If the doorbell has been removed from your account and you're trying to readd it, you must first factory reset the doorbell.

For more information on how to do this, take a look here: How do I reset my Arlo Video Doorbell?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation