Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video doorbell limit?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Prototypechad
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have two audio doorbells. I want to add a video doorbell. Does video doorbells count against the limit of two doorbells or are they considered a camera instead?
Also will i get the 3mo free trial still if i already am at a 5 camera limit? I have the Pro 2's with no subscription.
Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Prototypechad,

There is no "2 doorbell limit". I'm not sure what you're referring to by that. Yes, you will still get the 3 month trial. Video Doorbells behave the same as a camera from a subscription/camera limit perspective.

JamesC

Prototypechad
Aspirant
Aspirant
I thought max audio doorbells per account is two?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Prototypechad,

Thanks for the clarification. The 2 doorbell limit is exclusive to doorbells synced to a base station or SmartHub. Each base station or SmartHub on your account can support up to 2 doorbells (audio or video). If you have more than one base station or SmartHub, you can have 2 doorbells synced to each of them.

If your Arlo Video Doorbell is synced directly to your router, this limitation is not present.

JamesC

Prototypechad
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there a way during installation i can make it sync to my router instead of base station? I have a base station already and want to be able to keep my two audio doorbells on it.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Prototypechad,

Yes. Take a look here: How do I connect my Arlo Video Doorbell directly to my WiFi router?

JamesC

Prototypechad
Aspirant
Aspirant
It appears when its connected via router vs base station i can't setup cross triggers? Such as doorbell motion turns on my Arlo lights.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Prototypechad wrote:
It appears when its connected via router vs base station i can't setup cross triggers? Such as doorbell motion turns on my Arlo lights.

Correct.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation