Arlo Video Doorbell wired/wireless question

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lengoyeko
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I currently have an Arlo Pro 2 system with 4 cameras. 2 on my shed, one of which is wired to power, 1 above my front door, and one above my garage that's powered. I purchased the Arlo wired doorbell to replace my ooollllddd Nutone intercom doorbell that is an absolute eyesore outside. As I'm finding out, the wired doorbell is not going to work without wiring up it's own power source.

So now I'm directed towards the wireless doorbell. What I want out of the doorbell is to replace the camera above the front door and keep that same functionality while also looking much better than the doorbell already there. I don't need it to activate my existing digital door chime.

My question is, can I set up Activity Zones with the wireless doorbell like I can with the wired cameras, or does the doorbell need to be wired? I have a flag that the doorbell would be pointed at and would want to make an activity zone around the flag to ignore notifications from it.

Any insight on if any of this would be possible would be greatly appreciated, that you.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, you can set activity zones with the doorbell as long as you have a subscription. I have one set to eliminate the street.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lengoyeko wrote:

As I'm finding out, the wired doorbell is not going to work without wiring up it's own power source.

So now I'm directed towards the wireless doorbell. What I want out of the doorbell is to replace the camera above the front door and keep that same functionality while also looking much better than the doorbell already there. I don't need it to activate my existing digital door chime.

You should be able to connect a suitable transformer to the old NuTone wiring.

That would also be useful with the wireless doorbell.  If it triggers frequently on passing people or vehicles, the battery won't last long.  Activity zones won't help that.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation