Smart Notification for people

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jasonlel
Follower
Follower

Can we get a software update for the gen 2 doorbell where all motion gets recorded, but only alerts for people get sent?  Similarly it would be nice to have all motion recorded and only

alerts are sent for motion in certain parts of the frame. So that I get alerts for all motion on my porch however none for motion in the street. Currently if I select alerts for only people on my porch the doorbell does not record other motions. Not sure if there is a way to achieve this now, but I have not been able to. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jasonlel wrote:

Can we get a software update for the gen 2 doorbell where all motion gets recorded, but only alerts for people get sent?

That is the way that smart notifications are supposed to work.  They only affect notifications, not recordings.

@Jasonlel wrote:

Similarly it would be nice to have all motion recorded and only

alerts are sent for motion in certain parts of the frame. So that I get alerts for all motion on my porch however none for motion in the street. 

The cloud recordings don't work that way.  Activity zones supress both recordings and notifications.

However, everything is always stored to local storage (whether in-zone or not, and no matter what the smart notification is).  So if you have the doorbell connected to a smarthub, then you could get this behavior (though not that easy to navigate to the recording you want).

Not sure if the Essential Gen 2 doorbell works with the smarthub yet though.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation