Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell not ringing on Google Home

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
majikpaul
Initiate
Initiate

Searching this forum I noticed lots of people who, like me, can't get their Arlo Wireless Doorbell to sound through their Google Nest. But I can't find a fix from Arlo.

In this reply, Arlo's James C says "With Google Assistant, you can automatically receive notifications whenever the doorbell is pressed" – and this blog post confirms that Arlo Essential Wireless Video Doorbell is Google Home Compatible.

But there seems to be no troubleshooting guide on how to fix it when it doesn't work. James directs people to this help page, which isn't specifically about doorbells and doesn't answer the question of making them ring through the Google Nest.

My doorbell is connected. When it is pressed it notifies my phone through the Arlo app.

Google Home is authorized. I can ask my Nest Hub to 'show me the doorbell' and it shows the video from the Arlo doorbell on its screen.

But the doorbell doesn't sound through my Google Nests.

Does anybody have a fix for this, other than buying a Google Nest Doorbell?

1 REPLY 1
majikpaul
Initiate
Initiate

We've set everything up from scratch again, and now it's working.

The only difference I think we've made is that the 2.4 GHz network (which the doorbell is on) now has a different name to the 5 GHz network (which most other things are on).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation