Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Karizma
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have now downloaded the new updates, and the doorbell still isn't recording motion detection. Anyone else experiencing this?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What mode is selected? Have you tried turning power off and back on to the doorbell?

Karizma
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, have completed multiple restarts now.

Danielito
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue here 😫 A few weeks ago doorbell stopped registering motion AND stopped recording clips, even after someone rings the bell. I vaguely remember seeing some message on the app that this is a known issue, but not sure. Yesterday restarted the bell, was prompted to upgrade firmware; that took more than a few tries to complete but even after updating issue remains. HELP!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Karizma, Danielito

If you're still experiencing this issue after receiving the latest firmware update shown here: 1.14.1.0_368_ef57d3c_9d35dae

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

arlouser121119
Star
Star

Randomly not registering motion detection has been an ongoing issue for my Ultra cameras and doorbell. Their firmware is up-to-date.

Danielito
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issue resolved with transformer upgrade.

Although my Video Doorbell did work before, so I was curious...a quick check around the basement found a 10V transformer connected – clearly not enough (Arlo doorbell needs 16-24V) – an a relatively simple upgrade fixed this issue. Bell now works, properly triggers the bell, records video and whatnot (one remaining issue, on a separate thread, is not seeing video on incoming rings/calls).

Check your transformer, is what I'm saying 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation