Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sound detection issues

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dobefan
Follower
Follower

For some reason, the system just started recording videos based on sound/audio rather than motion.  The audio box under the mode section is missing and there isn’t a way to u check the box.  We’ve received over 20 notifications in the last 30 minutes.  Is there another way to stop the audio detection?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dobefan2
Aspirant
Aspirant

The video doorbell seems to have corrected itself and we are no longer gettin videos activated from audio rather than motion detection.

The issue is resolved.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dobefan,

Are you logged in on the primary account? Are you using the mobile app or the web client? Do you experience the same behavior from both?

JamesC

Dobefan2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I tried both.  I was on the primary account and the web and neither gives me the option to uncheck an audio detection box for the Arlo Video doorbell.

Clendinning
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have noticed the same thing. When I first got the Video Doorbell system, the trigger areas seemed to work just fine. Now I get an overwhelming number of false triggers. Today, I noticed that many of the triggers had no motion at all, but there were loud sounds apparent. It seems like audio triggering has been enabled on my system and I have no way to adjust sensitivity or turn disable the feature, which has now become a nuisance.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Consider rebooting the Arlo Video Doorbell. You can do this by navigating to Settings > My Devices > select your doorbell > Restart

Allow the doorbell to boot back up and test again to see if you still experience the same issue.

JamesC

Clendinning
Apprentice
Apprentice
On the other hand, turning off the microphone in the audio settings preferences seems to have reduced my false triggers drastically. I’ve gone down from more than 50 a day during the weekends and 30 a day on weekdays too almost none. It would be interesting to see if anyone else has the same result.
Dobefan2
Aspirant
Aspirant

The video doorbell seems to have corrected itself and we are no longer gettin videos activated from audio rather than motion detection.

The issue is resolved.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation