Arlo Video Doorbell intermittently disconnecting from wifi

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CADBAtlas
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have seen several posts about this. Not sure when it started but video doorbell is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting to the ssid used on install. Have reset both video doorbells and my router. Both video doorbells are only 15 to 20 feet from router that is getting 500 mbps. No other devices receiving wifi are having problems. Noticed in device info that when the video dooebell is connected to the ssid the Model number is “AVD1001Ar1.2” , and when it disconnects the Model number changes to just “1.2” Video doorbell is fairly worthless while this continues since you have no idea what things are not being recorded.
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be that the specific house construction is the issue. Anything that blocks or otherwise interferes with the signal can cause this. Stucco seems to be the worst but there's other things that can be the cause.

CADBAtlas
Aspirant
Aspirant
Structure of my house has not changed since the install and my internet speed has increased x5. Router is not in the best spot but has not been moved and the problem with the video doorbells is new. Shut them both down for an extended period and the problem is less frequent.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation