Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell installation problems

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
MrKillBill
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have never been this frustrated about a technical device, and I have had a lot of devices and frustration. I managed once in random to access it to my wifi but when I had to reeboot my router it dropped out again and now I have tried everything for weeks but it cant find my wifi anyway. I have Orbi Mesh router and satellite so its practically the same company as Arlo. I have read about all the treads but nothing works...

- I am onto the 2,4 Ghz

- I have not space or difficult letters in my wifi name or password

- I reset the doorbell

- I created the QR-code via the router instead of the doorbells

- I tried everything from the beginning with even easier wifi-name and password on the guest-network

Nothing, really, nothing is working, and I am loosing my marbles.

Then I have not even mentioned that you cant use the doorbell on the same payplan as I have for my other cameras....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MrKillBill
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update. Obviously Arlo updated the firmware because now It is possible to connect to the smart hub instead of the regular wifi and that worked directly. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MrKillBill,

When you say you reset the doorbell, did you perform a factory reset as described here: How do I reset my Arlo Video Doorbell?

After the factory reset how far along in the onboarding process do you get and what LED behaviors are you seeing on the doorbell?

JamesC

MrKillBill
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I did multiple resets on the reset button. The link in your reply is actually to the "Audio doorbell".

I have the same result every time.

1. I have solid white

2. I press and get white flash and hold the QR-code in front.

3. I get the "ping"

4. I wait and after a while of white flashing the doorbell turns amber and a while later solid white and on the app i receive the result, "couldn't find the doorbell" "check that the unit is turned on and linked to the network"

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MrKillBill,

Sorry, I've corrected the link above. If you're still experiencing an issue after factory resetting, I encourage you to open a support case to further investigate this issue. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

manchj9
Tutor
Tutor

figured it out.  While setting up video doorbell after you installed it to the wall when it asks you to use your hub don't select that otherwise it won't find your doorbell.  Click the option underneath that and you should be fine.  I spent many hours trying to figure that out and when I spoke with someone at Arlo they told me to do that and it worked.

Also in the app store the arlo app had an update that said the video doorbell now works with the arlo chime.  Someone from the app team jumped the gun because it won't be available for another month or so. I was looking all over on how to pair it and that's how I got in this mess of uninstalling it and trying to reinstall it.

MrKillBill
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update. Obviously Arlo updated the firmware because now It is possible to connect to the smart hub instead of the regular wifi and that worked directly. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo SmartHubs - VMB5000 and VMB4540 are now compatible with the Arlo Video Doorbell.  Please ensure that your SmartHub firmware is updated to the latest version, as listed below.

VMB5000   1.16.1.1_475_71659aa

VMB4540   1.16.1.1_461_71659aa

VMB4000   1.16.1.1_3348_facf74c

VMB4500   1.16.1.1_3260_facf74c

To migrate your Arlo Video Doorbell from WiFi connection to your Arlo base-station or SmartHub, please remove it from your account, wait for the factory reset to complete (LED ring should be solid white) then re-onboard.

This is the full list of supported base-stations and SmartHubs for the Arlo Video Doorbell.

JamesC

MrKillBill
Aspirant
Aspirant

And one extra bonus with the software update is that it is now possible to add Arlo Chime to your Video Doorbell. Its a mystery though why Arlo released the product before this software solution was in place...

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation