Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Ktest
Initiate
Initiate

I purchased an Arlo video doorbell to compliment my five Arlo cameras and lights.  The doorbell app. calls for connection to 2.4 gHz internet service (not Smart Hub).  I cannot determine how to configure my mobile device iPhone to that service setting.  Likely a user (me) error issue, but perhaps someone who experienced such could help.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can connect the doorbell to either your WiFi or to your base - either works fine although if you don't plan on purchasing a subscription after the 3 month trial runs out the base can be configured with a USB drive to record locally. Your choice.

As to the problem, make sure your phone is on your WiFi. Connecting to the 2.4GHz band SSID may be useful. The app simply tries to tell the camera what the network name and password is so it can connect.

Personally, I prefer the connection to the base as long as there's no connection problems such as weak signal.

Ktest
Initiate
Initiate
Thank you for your kind reply but I admit I am clueless and can’t seem to find a way to connect to my iPhone 2.4 setting. I called Apple and they suggested I disable via cellular the “wi-FI assist” mode but that doesn’t show me anything like what’s in the Arlo app for “ArloCorp” as an optional wi-FI slice my video doorbell can connect to. I fear I am a poor savvy user.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ktest,

Take a look at the steps here if you're trying to connect your Arlo Video Doorbell directly to your router: How do I connect my Arlo Video Doorbell directly to my WiFi router?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation