Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Meconium
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just added my video doorbell to my cameras.  I installed and connected it fine.  but it is connected to my wifi not my Arlo base.  when I select (SmartHub/Base Station/Bridge) in my app it only shows my 2 cameras under Paired Devices not my video Doorbell.

When I select my cameras they are connected to my base but when I select my video doorbell it is connected to my ssid.

anyone know why?

32 REPLIES 32
Dspropcass
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue that my video doorbell will connect to the WiFi but won’t connect to my base station. Also, I think because it’s not connected to the base station it won’t record videos. The solution says it will connect now to smart hubs but I have an older vmb3000 base station.
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary
Dspropcass
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dspropcass,

Correct, the VMB3000 and VMB3500 base stations are not compatible with the Arlo Video Doorbell.

JamesC

Xman1970
Tutor
Tutor
Correct. My 4000 connects with doorbell but won't record to hard drive with the other 4 cameras...why is that James?
Dspropcass
Aspirant
Aspirant
James,
Should the doorbell still record video though regardless of the connection to the base station? Right now, it shows a video is recorded but nothing is there. It picks up motion and live video works as well.

John
Xman1970
Tutor
Tutor
I believe it's been posted that the 3000 isn't compatible with the video doorbell
But my 4000 is. It's connected to the base station, I get live streaming and notifications, just nothing in the library....
Can James answer this please?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Xman1970,

I will address this concern in the other thread you opened specifically about this topic.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation