Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
friesian49
Tutor
Tutor

I installed the video doorbell on 3 Dec 19, so still learning it.  I believe I read some discussion the other day when I was on here about issues with video playback on mobile?  I have an android phone that I can play and hear the video, but do not actually see it.  I logged into Arlo on my Windows 10 desktop and was able to view and hear it.  Is there a fix I need to make to get video on the phone?

Has anyone installed two of the video doorbells?  I was thinking that we may just need to run electric to the 2nd (new) location and not actually put another power kit on the chime box and run a cable from the transformer to the 2nd (new) location.  Does that make sense?  I'm not doing the install, but I thought maybe a single power kit could be used for both?  Trying to reduce any unnecessary cable runs, if possible.  Thought maybe someone else had went through this and had some ideas. 

Thanks in advance!

Kelly

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@friesian49 wrote:

I was thinking that we may just need to run electric to the 2nd (new) location and not actually put another power kit on the chime box and run a cable from the transformer to the 2nd (new) location.  Does that make sense?  I'm not doing the install, but I thought maybe a single power kit could be used for both?  

I only have one doorbell installed - but the power module is connected to the wire on the chime that is specific for that doorbell (usually there is a different connection for the front and back doorbells, and they usually are set up to make different chimes).

The doorbell can be connected to the transformer only, and usually in that case the power module is placed across the leads at the transformer.   Doing that might mess up the existing doorbell.  What you could do is put in a second transformer - they are quite inexpensive, and that would eliminate the need for the second wire run.

friesian49
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you, appreciate the feedback!

Kelly

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation