Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell - No notification received for motion detection

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PurpleSavage
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Base Station - VMB4000r3 with firmware 1.14.1.2_2916_1fdeefd

Arlo Video Doorbell - AVD1001A1r1.2 with firmware 1.14.10_e93117_8aa1ee0

Android App 2.11.2_26080 released 12/02/19

The Arlo video doorbell does not send notification when there is motion.

• I tested the motion detection sensitivity the doorbell LED flashes indicating motion is being detected.
  • No video is being recorded either.  I do receive calls when the doorbell is pressed, and able to answer, a video does show up in my library.
  • I am able to manually initiate viewing the doorbell video through the app.
  • Tested my Arlo Pro 2 cameras and they detect motion and notify me and record video as well

I don't think the product works, I guess I should have waited 

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PurpleSavage,

If you're receiving calls when the doorbell is pressed, it sounds like everything is set up and functioning correctly. Within modes is the doorbell set to "Armed"?

JamesC

PurpleSavage
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, sorry I forgot to include that small detail

It has been set to arm since it was set up.

It magically started working about an hour and half after my post. No change in settings.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PurpleSavage,

Glad to hear it's working now. Please let us know if anything changes.

JamesC

KWRSV
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue as the OP. Mine worked the first couple times motion occurred, but now does not work. Unlike the OP mine did not fix itself. 

KWRSV
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I figured it out. When using Activity Zones no video is recorded and no notification is sent. The video is supposed to be uploaded to the cloud and processed to verify that motion occurred in the activity zone before a notification is sent. I'm assuming the problem is with that process. Possibly Arlo is aware? 

Hope this helps someone else!!

PurpleSavage
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is exactly how mine was behaving, I set up two activity zones and nothing was occurring.  I added the activity zones during set-up, and like I said it was magic about an hour to two hours after I posted in this forum it began working. Hopefully you receive some of this forum magic.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation