Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell Sound & Activity Zone Recording

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
XPLCIT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there a setting or feature that can be turned on/off for Audio recording?

I live on a reasonably busy street and getting notifications every couple of minutes is more than frustrating not to mention the amount of storage it takes up.

I feel that the Activity Zones would actually work as they are supposed to if you could edit the Audio Recording settings as I’m being notified about “motion” prior to there being any actual motion showing within the camera view, however I can hear the vehicles on the road at the start of every single recording.

Does anyone know a way around this flaw?
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The video doorbell has no setting in your modes and rules for audio detection, only motion.

Zones have been problematic so I use a zone and also reduce the motion sensitivity in my rules to ~35 which works reasonably well. I still get the occasional recording of a car going by but not often. Your sensitivity may need to be significantly different than mine - test to make sure you pick up people approaching the door properly as you lower the setting.

XPLCIT
Aspirant
Aspirant
It would be amazing if they could upgrade the software to give users this function as I previously had the Ring Video Door Bell and swapped it for Arlo because I have the Arlo Cameras and thought that the Video Doorbell would have the same basic features as their cameras.. I was wrong.

However, thank you for your advice, I’ll have a play around with the sensitivity and hopefully get better results.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation