Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Steve-M
Star
Star

I'm not sure what is going on, but today I had a number of motion sensed recordings with my Arlo doorbell, and everything worked fine (good audio and video).  However, the latest recording that I received notification for, recorded the video well, but has absolutely no audio.

I didn't change anything with the settings, does anyone know what the issue may have been or is?  I will have to wait until the next motion detection to verify if the audio is working.  I can't test it myself at the moment, because I'm physically away from the house.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try the Restart button in the doorbell settings.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try the Restart button in the doorbell settings.

Steve-M
Star
Star

Yes restarting the video doorbell will solve the issue, however, the doorbell needs to be restarted once or twice a week now.  There is no way to tell if it needs to be restarted until it is too late.  For example, the doorbell has captured movement and begins to records it, however, it records with no audio.  I can't tell until I play the recorded video that it hasn't recorded.  Viewing the video live will play sound.  

Yes, I can fix this temporarily by restarting the video doorbell, but this is not how the doorbell is intended to operate.  Am I the only one having this issue?

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Steve-M,

How many times has this happened? Try restarting the doorbell and if the issue returns, let me know and I will raise this with the development team to investigate further.

JamesC

Steve-M
Star
Star

JamesC,

It has happened 4 times in the last 3 weeks, and I only notice it after motion detection video recording, and I play the video back.  Yes, I did restart it yesterday after the latest issue, and the doorbell is recording the audio today when motion is detected.

I am away from home, so I have no access physical access to the doorbell for a few more weeks.  That is why I have not called in to support regarding this.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve-M
Star
Star

JamesC,

Just to make sure I’m clear, I have reset the doorbell after each episode of no audio recording. So, after each of the 4-5 times, I have restarted the doorbell with the option within the app.

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Steve-M,

If you continue experiencing the issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation